Turd can talk about college all she wants, but you need to know, she is not at all qualified to talk about art school…
So I’m here to tell you about art school…
- IT’S NOT GOING TO BE OKAY. It’s actually that bad. You’re throwing yourself into the hottest firepit you are ever going to be in - but with hopes that you’ll emerge a better artist than when you first walked in.
- Nothing is free in art school. You may start with a kit down the line, and if you can, you make that last. Required materials in art school are expensive as shit - you’re not going to have the money to party or go out and do anything that isn’t school related. Those student stipend checks you’re going to get later? Those are for art supplies. No exceptions.
- Don’t be a douche. The worst kind of douche is an art douche, but we’re all pretty douchey anyway, so it’s not like it matters.
- Realize your personal freedom is going to be murdered to death a thousand times by graphite and various different chaulks. No seriously. You’re not going to have time to do anything other than art.
- Your teacher knows way more than you do. Don’t even.
- Buy or Make a simple carrying portfolio. The biggest size. You’re going to need to lug all of that crap around and its not going to be easy.
- YOUR WRISTS WILL BURN.
- WORK ON EACH ASSIGNMENT A LITTLE BIT EVERY DAY. You can try an all-nighter with artwork, but I can guarantee you it’s not going to be your best quality and your instructor is going to know.
- Sleep as much as you possibly can.
- You have no time to be worrying about being an independent adult. If you can, find a job, and juggle it.
- Pray for your sanity.
Yeahhhh I survived art school and it’s pretty much all like this.